Sunday, February 07, 2010

CHD Awareness Blog Train


When Angela asked me if I would join the blog train for awareness of the CHD, I read up and learned a bit more about this defect. I'm glad that children with this defect have the option of medical treatments that could help them heal, but it is hard for the parents or guardians who have to see their little ones undergo surgeries.

I'm fortunate that there hasn't been such cases in my family nor with my friends, but I have gone through the heartache of seeing my eldest gone through surgery just after his first birthday, in which he didn't know what was going on and all he experienced was pain and discomfort. After that surgery, he came to dislike stickers and things sticking on him even till now that he's 10, due to the tapes used to hold down the tubes on him and such.

This is my contribution to the CHD blog train, with the papers showing a normal ECG reading, which is my wish for all those with CHD, and to their parents and guardians too.
(Please note that the lines of the ECG were drawn by me using the mouse, so do excuse the unevenness)
You can download from 4shared or Box net.

The other blog train participants are:
Toucan Scraps, LilyBelle, Ann Ominous, Winks Art, Calli Scrap & Meredith Cardall
(due to internet issues, Ann's kit will be up on 11 Feb '10, do check back)

9 comments:

  1. this is beautiful Shelly. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Shelly, thank you for the lovely contribution to the blog train, it's all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:37 AM

    Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Feb. 07, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne5:42 AM

    I really like the silver frame with hearts on it. Thank you for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your designs are lovely as always. I especially like the laced hearts - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very sweet of you. Lovely job on the normal ECG. I like the stitched hearts too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your participation is this great blog train! Great job on the EKG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely kit, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you SO MUCH for your ADORABLE contribution to this VERY WORTHY blog train!

    ReplyDelete